- Display: 6" Paperwhite display technology with E Ink CartaâÂ¢ and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- Size: 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36" (169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm).
- Weight: Wi-Fi: 7.2 oz (205 g); Wi-Fi + 3G: 7.6 oz (217 g).
- On-Device Storage: 4GB, holds thousands of books.
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all content.
- Battery Life: 1420mAh, a single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Content Formats Supported : Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
- Accessibility Features: The VoiceView screen reader, activated by the Kindle Audio Adapter, enables access to the vast majority of Kindle Paperwhite features. VoiceView features a natural language text-to-speech voice. Visit the Kindle Paperwhite Blind and Visually Impaired Readers Bundle to purchase the latest Kindle Paperwhite with a Kindle Audio Adapter. Please visit the Accessibility for Kindle page to learn more.
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle Paperwhite User Guide (pre-installed on device) [PDF]. Additional information in multiple languages available online.
- Included in the Box: Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide.