Kindle 6" E-reader:
- All-new design is thinner and lighter, and now available in your choice of black or white.
- With built-in Audible, access the world’s largest library of audiobooks.
- Easily switch between reading and listening on Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones. Available in the coming months.
- Easy on your eyes—touchscreen display reads like real paper.
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets.
- Single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- Get lost in your story with no alerts or notifications.
- Holds thousands of books—choose from new releases and bestsellers, or from over a million titles at $2.99 or less. Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles.
- Try Kindle Unlimited free for 30 days—includes over 1 million titles.
- Display: 6" Paperwhite display technology with E-Ink and built-in light, 167 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- Size: 161*115*9.1MM.
- Weight: 180g
- On-Device Storage: 4GB, holds thousands of books.
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all content.
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Content Formats Supported : Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
- Accessibility Features: The VoiceView screen reader, activated by the Kindle Audio Adapter, enables access to the vast majority of Kindle Paperwhite features. VoiceView features a natural language text-to-speech voice. Visit the Kindle Paperwhite Blind and Visually Impaired Readers Bundle to purchase the latest Kindle Paperwhite with a Kindle Audio Adapter. Please visit the Accessibility for Kindle page to learn more.
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle Paperwhite User Guide (pre-installed on device) [PDF]. Additional information in multiple languages available online.
- Included in the Box: Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide.